Thursday, August 28, 2008

.: Compassionate moments :.


Are made to last forever.

I wonder whether everyone feels the same way. Like, whenever you do a good turn to others, you'll tend to have this warm feeling inside telling you that you have done the right thing and that come what may, things will eventually work out for both of you.

An advice passed down from my grandmum to my mum and now to my siblings is:

"Biar orang buat kita, jangan kita buat orang."

Literally translated as "Let others do us but don't do others." In context it generally means no matter what, we should do good and never ever be unkind to others. Of late, my mum stressed a lot on this but I guess that as we grow older, we tend to be caught up with the rat race and I presume that she figure we might just crossover to the dark side and become Darth Vader. *Anakin, I am your father.* The irony.

Remember the good feeling I just mentioned? I have that feeling too when I see people doing good deeds to others. Like when I take the public transport and I find people giving up their seats to the elderly, kids, pregnant ladies, the disabled or assisting the blind to cross the road or giving alms to the poor and etc. These are little acts of kindness that always bring a smile to me. A reminder that the world is not as ruthless as it seems to be and there are people that do care, regardless of the race, religion and creed.

If I may quote
Anakin Skywalker::

"Attachment is forbidden. Possession is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, is essential to a Jedi's life. So, you might say that we are encouraged to love."

So spread a little care and love.
6.38pm Malaysian Time

No comments: