Thursday, February 12, 2009

.: Al-Diwan :.


International Center for Teaching Arabic, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.

End of this month, Insya'Allah I'll be studying Arabic every Sunday. To be precise, MSA [Modern Standard Arabic]; Fusha. My aunt and cousins took their 1st level at the center, but they're discontinuing due to distance. I reckon it takes about 15mins tops from my house so no excuses there. The only thing here is, whether I can stand 400 hours of it. [10 levels, 40 hours each] After the failure of various attempts to persuade my aunt and sis to enroll with me, I've decided to go ahead with it.



Mum:: So you’re over with Mandarin?
Me:: Going for the 3rd level. *the final level!!!* Waiting for the call.
Mum:: What are you doing while waiting?
Me:: Have a couple of courses in mind to fill in the gap, narrowed down to Arabic or Khat.
Mum:: Take Arabic. As it is you are the descendant of an Arab.
Me:: *what’s the connection again?* Otherwise, I can always take both.
Mum:: You must have gotten this from you dad’s side of the family.

Whatever does she mean by that …


What she doesn’t know is that I’m squeezing in a couple more agendas. *might as well throw those in as I have the time*

Note:: I did a little of Arabic and Khat years ago in religious school for 3 years. High school nullified the possibility to continue it. Mentioned somewhere I went for Umrah at the tender *coughs* age of 12. *how long ago was that again?* I remembered bawling at the Arab shopkeeper on my mum. Yes, in bits and pieces of broken bad Arabic. *I was a nutcase … or am I still?*

I don’t bawl anymore, leaving that to my little cousins. :P

9.35am Malaysian Time

3 comments:

Hajar Zamzam Ismail said...

Learn everything you can! It's good for the brain.

ipv6 said...

how about a nut in the suitcase..chuckles

Hajar Alwi said...

Hajar:: I just hope I don't freak out in the 1st class. It'd be quite a susceptible scenario. Haha~

ipv6:: And we got ourselves a wisecracker. :)

-----
hajar