Sunday, August 30, 2009

.: Far-off day :.


Quick update.

Of just about everything. Tomorrow; 31st August shall be ...


Malaysia's National Day!

So it's a holiday here. :)

Arabic Class :: Has taken a standstill. I am considering of taking level 2 allover again since I missed several classes. However, the teacher believes I can proceed to level 3. I haven't taken the level 2 test yet. Will most probably do so and continue with the lessons after Eid.

Mandarin Class :: Yesterday was my 2nd class of level 3. Things went really well, Alhamdulillah. The teacher is really good, and I actually enjoyed being in the class. Next week, the teacher will be teaching us Chinese songs, and I am supposed to sing a duet with him. It is the late Teresa Teng's song, 月亮代表我的心 [yue2liang dai2biao3 wo3de xin1; The moon represents my heart]. Coincidentally, that was the first Chinese song I learnt years ago, and I practically know the lyrics by heart. Hence, that was why I was 'selected' to sing. Hopefully, I can avoid damaging my classmate's hearing with my singing.

Book Fair :: Popular Bookstore organized a bookfair at the KLCC Con
vention Centre. As a result, I blew my monthly budget there. Managed to purchase 3 comics, 2 books and boxes of scrumptious snack food. One of the books is about writing Chinese characters, 800 of the most common ones. A great deal of thanks goes to my colleague for informing me about the fair.

Family and friends :: Taking the time and space just to say, I'm thankful to be surrounded by family and friends.
^^

A long weekend.

7.15am Malaysian Time

5 comments:

Unknown said...

you're studying mandarin AND arabic? I'm so jealous! hehe totally awesome! May Allah make your studies easy and reward you for your effort. ameen

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

My goodness, you are quite a polyglot! I would not skip to Level 3 in Arabic, which is a complex language, unless your test shows that you have mastered all the Level 2 grammatical concepts. Vocabulary can be learned quickly. Fluency will come with practice. However, grammar skipped or not quite mastered can create problems for years. I have learned this personally the hard way, and I have watched this in my students of Arabic, Chinese, and other languages.

Ummi's Blog said...

Happy National Day to Malaysia!!!!...Its become my second home now that I go there every fortnightly. May the country remain prosperous in the years to come and be filled with people of Iman and Taqwa : )

Love ya sis....

Ms.Unique said...

Nice update ... Probably I'll do the same thing if I knew there was a book fare here ;) ...

Good luck with your classes ... :)

Hajar Alwi said...

Sabrina :: Yes, Alhamdulillah. I really hope so!!! Ameen!!! ^^

Elizabeth Mahlou :: My point exactly! I highly doubt I have mastered level 2. Anyway, the test results shall decide for me. :)

Agreed. Basics in grammar is, crudely put, incredibly essential.

Ummi :: Indeed, it has also become my 2nd home. Ameen sis, ameen. :)

Ms.Unique :: Insha'Allah! Make du'a for me sis!