Saturday, January 29, 2011

.: 总是熟视无睹 :.


When ignorance is a bliss.

The piggy back ride in Maher Zain's Insha'Allah MV made me remember something which I've forgotten for a very long time.

~

Whenever dad prays, I will quietly watch him from a distance. One day dad asked whether I wanted to pray with him. I didn't know what praying was. All I knew was he was reciting things in a language I couldn't understand.

Me :: I can't. I don't know what you read when you're praying.
Dad :: You don't have to read anything. Just follow me. That is good enough. :)

Dad spread a prayer mat next to his and began praying. I tried to follow his movements, and when I couldn't see clearly, I will edge closer to him to the point that I was almost touching him. I was still a child; a highly inquisitive child for that matter.

That night mum reprimanded me. Dad overheard and he spoke calmly to mum in their room. Although it happened a long time ago, and I knew I wasn't supposed to listen to their conversation, I briefly heard dad saying;

I asked her to pray with me. If anybody needs reprimanding, it is me. Reprimand me for doing my duty as a dad who is trying to guide his daughter towards God.

My parents are home. :)
10.14am Malaysian Time

5 comments:

Muslimah said...

Haha, I remember praying by my mum when i was little..
i'm a bit confused, and if you dont mind my asking, why did your mum reprimand you?
please visit my blog.: http://hijaabisrule.wordpress.com/

Sketched Soul said...

As-salaamu'alaykum dearest Hajar,

What a wonderful post!!! Thank you for sharing.

Insha'Allah your dad will benefit each time you pray your salaat :)

Love Farhana

Hajar Alwi said...

Muslimah :: Welcome to the blog sis! My mum thought I was disturbing my dad. I was quite a brat during my younger days. LOL~

Sketched Soul :: Wa'alaikum'as'salam dearest Farhana! I sincerely hope so. :D

Najeeba said...

Salam,
Your Dad is great!!

Hajar Alwi said...

Wassalam Sis Najeeba. Masha'Allah, he really is! I miss your black-board! :)