Thursday, January 26, 2012

.: Silent prayer :.


In solitude.

Been feeling troubled over a number of things within a span of four to five weeks. To be frank, it is unbecoming of me to react in that manner for such a prolonged period and it was getting a tad bit wearisome for me to spend time pondering over it, wherein to a greater extent, there were times where I even shed tears just by thinking about it.

Nevertheless, just as I felt as though the desperation was beyond my ability to shoulder, I received a text message from a sister inquiring whether I can assist her to interview a handful of scholarship recipients. Considering I had the time to spare, I leaped at the opportunity and made a dash for my cell phone.

Speaking and communicating with the applicants had in a way provided the relief I so terribly needed. There I was, minutes ago, bent on thinking that I am going through unsolvable issues, yet here are these students, most of whom are much younger than me, bent on trying to secure their scholarships for the love of God. They made me think again on the amount of privilege I have just by being able to lead life without having the need to worry about paying back study loans, and tackling financial issues. The most profound realization was, what was I doing at their age?

It was such a heart-moving moment that by the time I completed my report, I sent a short message beneath it, with a silent prayer, stating my concern hoping that none of these applicants will be negated from getting the scholarship.

Days went by.

I was playing scrabble *I am such a geek* when I received text messages one after the other ...

"I got the scholarship!!! Thank you sis!!!"

Alhamdulillah [Praise the Lord].
8.58pm Malaysian Time

No comments: